Sunday, September 13, 2009

PawPaw

As I am sitting here in the ICU waiting room with several family members I decided to let everyone know the progress he is making. He is in the ICU on the ventilator. They took him off the ventilator for 25 minutes today and he did well no drops in his oxygen levels and his vitals remained well. Today was the first time I was able to see him since he has been put in the hospital and it was difficult. I could only stay in there for less than a minute because seeing him like was hard. They made me leave the room so he wouldn’t hear me crying. They are taking him now to radiation to attack the tumor so his immune system can make progress and stop attacking itself. We are hopeful that he can be off the ventilator long enough to get his radiation. Tomorrow he will get his second round of chemotherapy. The next few days are going to be the hardest for him and the family. He will be weak and heavily sedated. So I pray for his strength and for his lungs to support him for the time he needs to retrieve his treatments.
I am praying this “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. “ –Isaiah 41:10.
Thank you to everyone that is praying and to those that have been keeping me busy to keep my mind off of it.

No comments: